The description of Firefox
Experience a fast, smart and personal Web. Firefox is the independent, people-first browser made by Mozilla, voted the Most Trusted Internet Company for Privacy. Upgrade today and join hundreds of millions who depend on Firefox for a more personal browsing experience.
FAST. SMART. YOURS.
Firefox is made with you in mind and gives you the power to take back control of your Web experience.
That’s why we design the product with smart features that take the guesswork out of browsing.
SEARCH INTELLIGENTLY & GET THERE FASTER
– Firefox anticipates your needs and intuitively provides multiple suggested and previously searched results across your favorite search engines. Every time.
– Easily access shortcuts to search providers including Wikipedia, Twitter and Amazon.
NEXT LEVEL PRIVACY
– Your privacy has been upgraded. Private Browsing with Tracking Protection blocks parts of Web pages that may track your browsing activity.
SYNC FIREFOX ACROSS YOUR DEVICES
– With a Firefox Account, access your history, bookmarks and open tabs from your desktop on your smartphone and tablet.
– Firefox also safely remembers your passwords across devices so you don’t have to.
INTUITIVE VISUAL TABS
– Intuitive visual and numbered tabs easily let you find content for future reference.
– Open as many tabs as you like without losing track of your open Web pages.
EASY ACCESS TO YOUR TOP SITES
– Spend your time reading your favorites sites instead of looking for them.
ADD-ONS FOR EVERYTHING
– Take control of your Web experience by personalizing Firefox with add-ons like ad blockers, password and download managers and more.
– Firefox remembers your most recently used apps to help you easily share content to Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Skype and more.
TAKE IT TO THE BIG SCREEN
– Send video and Web content from your smartphone or tablet to any TV equipped with supported streaming capabilities.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe open and free is better than closed and controlled. We build products like Firefox to promote choice and transparency and give people more control over their lives online .
Firefox, one the most important browsers currently available, along with Google Chrome, is now also available for Android devices. Its list of features and benefits is long enough to strongly consider using it as the default browser on your phone or tablet.
The first interesting characteristic of the app is that it lets you see the browsing history, bookmarks, passwords, and even open tabs that you have on your computer browser, all by just doing a couple of gestures on your Android. Naturally, to synchronize it with your computer browser, you first have to log in.
The second feature is that, as with the computer version, Firefox Browser for Android has many customization options. You can add different extensions, change the general appearance, and make it your own.
The third feature worth mentioning is the adaptation of the keyboard shortcuts to the touch screen. You can, for instance, add a website to your favorites by just shaking the device to one side.
Firefox Browser for Android is an excellent browser. It has everything you can ask for: it is fast, it has a perfectly functional tab system, lots of customization options, and also takes your security into account. By Raúl Rosso MOST WIDELY USED BROWSERS ON ANDROID IN 2018
Now that Q1 of 2018 is up, it’s that time to stop and reflect on the patterns we’ve seen in the data collected over this first quarter of the year. In terms of browsers and their usage among Uptodown users, we’ve seen a clear trend towards mobile usage and a fairly steep decrease in desktop activity. In fact, 80% of all the traffic generated on Uptodown takes places via mobile devices. Overall, Uptodown saw over 722M sessions from January 1st to April 30th 2018. By segmenting that traffic to analyze browsers and devices users log onto from, we’ve come up with a few observations.
Read more HERE ARE ALL OF THE OFFICIAL VERSIONS OF FIREFOX FOR ANDROID
Browser developers love to complicate things. If a ‘Lite’ version of the standard client wasn’t enough, now you have to keep track of beta versions and other experimental lines. You have to take special care with Firefox, whose developer Mozilla seems to introduce a new version monthly. Here is a list of all of the company’s browsers that are currently available on Android.
Read more DOWNLOAD THE BETA FOR THE NEW FIREFOX 57 QUANTUM NOW
In Firefox’s relentless battle to take on the impregnable Chrome, they’ve hit a huge milestone with version 57 of their browser. The beta for it is out now for download and includes the new Servo engine whose performance couldn’t be more heartening: Firefox is now twice as fast as it was a year ago. Although version 56 isn’t set to auto-update to Quantum on iOS/Android and desktops until November 14, you can get a sneak peek by installing the beta via APK.